Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

rekordbox dj

getting the err every time I open removable drive device library is corrupted do you want to delete the library 

but when I hit no all works fine how do I stop this from coming up

dj cappy Answered

Official comment

More often than not, this error is because the export database is damaged. My recommendation is to wipe the drive and start anew by exporting everything to the drive again.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Hi Angelo, 

Al lot of new Rekordbox users suffer from this issue, because they don't realy know how the libary of Rekordbox works.

Rekordbox libary is actually noting more than a file routing to your music collection. The music can be stored on the local hard drive, a USB stick, or a external HDD/SSD. .

For example: When you have a map "House Music" on your removable drive, you can also make a Rekordbox libary map called "House Music" . Then drag and drop the music files from this map "House Music" on your removable drive in to the similair named Rekordbox libary map. All music files in the Rekordbox map "House Music" are actually not music files, but file allocation info towards the drive with your music collection. Music files are never copied in to Rekordbox software

And now comes the trouble: when you change anyhting in the map "House Music" on your removable drive, and you don't synchronise this with Rekordbox, then the file allocation will change, and Rekordbox can't find it anymore. For example, you remove one track from the map "House Music" on your removable drive, but you don't remove it from your Rekordbox libary, it will remain there. When you click on this track in Rekordbox, it can't be found, resulting in a corrupted libary. Also when you add a music file in to the map "House Music" of your removable drive, when you don't add in in to the Rekordbox libary map, it's will not show there. Even when you park your music files externally, to clean your drive, and later copy it back on to the cleaned drive, then Rekordbox can't find the music files anymore.

More than once Rekordbox users complained that the storage location should automaticly be synchronised witin Rekordbox, to prevent corrupted libaries, but for some reason this issue remains. But, this also counts for software like Serato, etc.

So, keep your removable drive maps manually synchronised with the Rekordbox maps, then you will not experience corrupted libary files.

I use an external SSD for my music, and all the maps I've made on this SSD, I've also made in Rekordbox. To keep it clear. As soon as I added new tracks on the SSD, I drag and drop them in the same map of Rekordbox.

Theo 0 votes

I was uploading music to my external hd and my lap top died turned it back on now getting 

drive device library corrupted

what can I do to fix this I don't want to have to wipe it again it takes weeks to do that

dj cappy 0 votes

You can restore from a backup, but I'm going to make the leap and assume you don't have one.

When you say "uploading music" did you mean "exporting music"?

Where is your main collection stored? Database?

Pulse 0 votes