Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Master Thesis Issue

Hello to everyone,

sorry for the unusual post, but I am actually working on my master thesis which argument is filtering (and mixers are filters). In the modelling  part I used a DDJ-T1 with Traktor 2 to see the "strength" of the filtering action and also to record the modified signal. While checking for the effects I saw that, when the attenuation is above 85% there is a strange effect as a kind of ripple in the frequency amplitude at the modified frequency. 

I would like to know if someone could be so kind to maybe help me (after a wider explanation), telling me why this happens or if you know how to contact the offices of Pioneer for these kind of issues.

Thanks a lot for your time, 

Andrea.

Andrea Calabrò Answered

Official comment

Your best bet is to contact someone at Native Instruments as the DDJ-T1 is simply a controller sending command signal values to the software, which itself applies the audio filtering to the music.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

Yes I already wrote them an email, I just thought it could be also something about the hardware (since the knobs are logarithmic, closing everything means going to minus infinite that is not an existing value).

Andrea Calabrò 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink