Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox & Native Instruments X1 MIDI IN Visual Feedback (Mac OS) issue

Hello

I use rekordbox and have lately moved from Windows 10 to Mac OS (Mojave 10.14.6) on Mac Mini with Native Instrument X1 MK2 Controler (& DDJ-1000)

I figured out that on Mac, the MIDI IN signal (from rekordbox to my X1 MK2) does not work. Currently, it's impossible to control a LED on X1 MK2 to see if some rekordbox effects (mapped to X1 MK2) are enable or not. (Visual feedback). It's very important on performance ;)

I'm using NI Controler Editor (MIDI Mappings) with exactly the same configuration for rekordbox and X1 MK2 on both systems (Windows & Mac). MIDI Mappings for MIDI OUT work well on both.

On Windows 10, everything work fine. (MIDI OUT & MIDI IN) and I'm able to control LEDs on my X1 MK2 and have visual feedback for rekordbox settings.

Where could be the issue on Mac OS? ;)

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Best regards

kasper Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

So, why on Windows everything is working fine? This is the same rekordbox software ;)

I would like to understand it.

Thanks !

kasper 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Is the X1 set for standard MIDI mode while in use on Mac? If you haven't launched the NI Controller Editor to mess around, that could well be why.

Pulse 0 votes

"Is the X1 set for standard MIDI mode while in use on Mac?"

Of course..

As I've written - the same configuration on both (Mac & Windows). The same tests (Standard MIDI mode) performed.

NI Controller Editor launched on Mac as well. And LED feedback does not work.

Best regards!

kasper 0 votes

It had been a while -- and you're right, it is working now (it hadn't for a long time). I just tested with my X1 (MK1) in both Windows and macOS and everything seems to be in place for both in terms of the MIDI I/O, but somewhere along the line the output data isn't going to the X1 for illumination. Let me pass this to the rekordbox team and see what they can dig up.

Pulse 0 votes

Effectively the answer came back that because this is a 3rd party MIDI controller, we are unable to provide support for its use - even if the issue seems to be related to the OS.

Sorry.

Pulse 0 votes