Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Changing Laptops

Does anyone know if I change laptops if I'm able to move rekordbox from my old laptop to a new one and not have to have my entire library re analysed on the new laptop?

Thanks

Nick Warren Answered

Official comment

@Nick > The best bet is to use File > Library > Backup Library on the old computer, then File > Library > Restore Library on the new computer.

The move process outlined below is a fallback method or if you want to move the database / music to an external drive, but the backup/restore is the preferred method.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Also, just wondering will I be able to sign in on rekordbox once I’ve downloaded it to a new laptop?

Nick Warren 0 votes

@Nick > Provided you haven't installed it to two computers already, yes. If you're no longer going to use the old one, you can deactivate that computer first.

Pulse 0 votes

I installed it on my new laptop but haven’t put a license key in yet. Do I just need to deactivate the key from my old laptop and put it in to my new one?

Nick Warren 0 votes

Hey Nick, as Pulse said, unless it was already used on 2 computer there is no need to deactivate it. 

If you plan on not using the old computer or already used the license on 2 computers you have to deactivate it.

Ves 0 votes