Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

XDJ-RX2 VINYL SPEED ADJUST PROBLEM

When I'm running my XDJ-RX2 in Midi mode, running off of my laptop, and I go into Utility settings and try and adjust the Vinyl Speed Adjust to Touch, even after I click in the knob and it finishes blinking, it still only acts as touch & release. The same happens if I try to switch it to Release. The settings to alter in in rekordbox on my laptop are greyed out so that I cannot adjust them there. 

Trevor Culberson

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

The XDJ-RX2 UTILITY setting is reflected only when the USB device is used.

tomo 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Well what if you want to adjust the vinyl Touch speed and not the vinyl Release speed while plugged into rekordbox?

Matthew Girard 0 votes

This seems like a bug. Unless there’s some workaround.

Matthew Girard 0 votes

So in the Utility menu it doesnt matter if you choose touch or release? On my player only the left side is affected by the jog mode, the right doesnt react at all..

Martin Diesen 0 votes

Pulse, so if user is in MIDI mode, the vinyl speed adjust is always "Touch and Release" and cannot be selected as one or the other? Is that correct?

Shervin Esfahani 0 votes

This seems crazy to me as well. It seems to me like using Rekordbox in Performance mode is in every way BETTER than just using the XDJ-RX2 without a computer. That makes sense. The RX2 is great on its own with just a USB stick, but when you plug it into a computer running Rekordbox, you have access to so many other great features. More FX. PadFX. Sampler etc etc.

The ONE thing that it seems to do worse is this! When just using the RX2 without a computer I can easily go into Utility, switch Vinyl Speed Adjust to TOUCH only, and the Vinyl Speed Adjust knob then only effects the braking when hitting pause. When you hit play, it starts and full speed. This is the ideal scenario and the closest to how an actual 1200 works, so it makes sense people will want the speed to spin up right away, but have a short brake when stopping.

But when I plug in my computer and switch to performance mode to take advantage of all those great features....suddenly I don't have the ability to make this selection, to adjust the TOUCH and RELEASE separately, or as on the RX2 itself, just select the one I want to edit. I'm going to have to adjust the knob manually every time I want to use a break.

This really seems like something that should be an easy fix in Rekordbox. PLEASE Pioneer, help us.

danselzer 0 votes