Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

All playlists in Rekordbox are gone

Hi,

I just opened rekordbox to import new tracks from my external HD. Suddenly I notice that all playlists are gone in rekordbox and my collection folder is completly empty. How has this happened? And can I use my USB to recover the playlists? The playlists exported on my USB with sync manager are not completely the same but is better then to start all over.. Please assist..

Thanks in advance!

Tal Groenman Answered

Official comment

I'm going to guess one of two things happened...

You're on Windows and connected another drive to the computer, causing the drive lettering for the external to change, so rekordbox couldn't find it when it started up.

Or, you started rekordbox without the drive connected one time so it defaulted to the internal drive / database.

To resolve this, simply open the rekordbox preferences, go to Advanced and at the bottom, click the drop-down to select the drive where the database is located. You'll see the warning about taking time to switch databases, click ok. You should be good to go.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Have you renamed anything in the chain from when the tracks were there?

Jay 0 votes

Hi Jay and Pulse, Thanks for your response. No, I haven’t changed anything in the chain. And yes, the database is on an external HD.

Tal Groenman 0 votes

Awesome, you solved it!, it got defaulted to the internal drive. thank you very much!

Tal Groenman 1 vote