Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Set memory cue whilst playing track

Hi,

Is it possible to set a memory cue on a track that is playing live by pressing the "Memory" button? Everytime I do that it sets the memory to wherever the Cue point is on that track.

I want it to set a cue point live in the track if that makes sense?

Thanks

Tom Sweddy Answered

Official comment

You can do that with a hot cue - the memory cue is only set to whatever the position of the master cue is at.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

Reason I asked for memory cue is I only have 4 hot cue buttons. If they are all taken then cant set anymore. Where as if you could just press the memory button it would set as many as you need. Could you confirm if the answer is no? ;-) 

Tom Sweddy 0 votes

You can set more, yes - but they aren't instantly recalled, there is a load-time for any memory cue loading.

Pulse 0 votes

So - assume I have a track playing on my XDJ RX or CDJ-2000NXS. I have all 4 hot cue buttons already preset and loaded. The track is playing live. Is there a way to set/save another cue point (whether a hot cue or memory cue) during the track, without stopping its playback? Thanks

Tom Sweddy 0 votes

I lied - that's not entirely true; with a DDJ-XP1 or XP2 connected to a CDJ-2000NXS2 or XDJ-1000MK2, you have the ability to set / recall up to 8 hot cues per deck.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, you can press Loop In to set the floating cue, and then press Memory to store it as a memory cue, while the track keeps playing.

Erik Minekus 0 votes