Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

rekordbox 5.8.1 usb not connecting to devices

hi guys I've downloaded 5.8.1 and now when I connect my usb to my computer it won't connect to rekordbox but it will connect to my computer. It doesn't pop up in the devices section where it normally does. I don't know what's happened but if I could get some help as soon as possible that would be great. I have some important things tomorrow ! thanks ps im on Mac not windows if that helps.

jesper

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

Jesper, I've had the exact same issues for a week and a half now since I loaded CatalinaOS and RB 5.8.1.  Posted the issue on here and zero support, extremely frustrating.  You think someone from Pioneer would be on here to assist.  Did you just upgrade to Catalina too?  What type of Mac and year is yours?

The USB is formatted for FAT32 and Master Boot Record and is no longer recognized as a device to export to, the USB only is recognized in the Explorer tab for importing tracks into RB.  

I'm researching how to downgrade back to Mojave and go back to RB 5.8.0 since all my issues started since upgrading.  I too have a gig coming up on NYE and haven't been able to play at all..

Chris Johnson 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Jesper, I just solved my issue and I believe it will solve yours too.  Pulse posted this a few weeks deeper into this forum.

"Catalina has a new Security and Privacy option to allow to use removable devices.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Files and Folders, there you can allow rekordbox to use Removable Volumes."

Let us know if it fixes your issue.

Chris Johnson 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink