Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Lighting Mode - UI edit macro

When I edit a built in ,macro using the edit button in the top left of the macro graphic, please can all the types of fixture I've not assigned to my fixtures be closed as default when the edit screen is opened? (see image)

Iggy Davis

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Even better would be to populate a list of only those fixures which have been assigned addresses for that venue.

Eric Esteb 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Eric > Except impossible when fixtures on DMX don't report back what they are or what address they're on.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > The DMX fixtures don't need to report back anything. 

Populating lists of only those fixtures which are assigned channels in a given venue is not only possible, but is in fact already implemented for the Macro Editor tab. This request is simply to get the same limited list of assigned fixtures when editing scenes in the Macro Mapping tab.

Currently fixtures can be selected and assigned channels in the Fixture Library tab of Lighting mode in Rekordbox. These fixtures which are assigned channels in Rekordbox are the fixtures we want when we edit scenes in the Macro Mapping tab.

This does not require DMX fixtures to report back any information, or even to be connected at all. Any fixture in the AltaBase Library can be assigned channels in the Fixture Library tab.

If you go to the Macro Editor tab, the list of fixtures available to edit is not the entire list of fixtures in the library, it is only those fixtures which we have selected and assigned channels to in the Fixture Library tab.

Similarly, if we have not assigned fixtures to the Moving Head 2 and Moving Head 3 slots in the Fixture Library tab, then there is no reason for Moving Heads 2 and 3 to be in the list of fixtures when editing or creating a scene in the Macro Mapping tab.

Eric Esteb 0 votes

@Eric > ...

"Even better would be to populate a list of only those fixures which have been assigned addresses for that venue."

How does your computer know what fixtures are there and what addresses they're at if the fixtures themselves don't report back to the computer somehow?

I get that you want to hide the fixtures if they're not in use, but let's get other things working first... those higher-priority items. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse>...
"How does your computer know what fixtures are there and what addresses they're at if the fixtures themselves don't report back to the computer somehow?"

Your computer knows which fixtures are there and what their addresses are because the user tells the computer which fixtures are there and what their addresses are. This is done in Rekordbox Lighting Mode, in the Fixture Library tab.

It is in fact the sole purpose of the Fixture Library tab. Selecting fixtures and assigning them to address slots is all done in the software, and the physical fixtures themselves don't even need to be hooked up, much less report back any information about themselves. I am surprised that you aren't yet familiar with this feature.

Eric Esteb 0 votes

I'm well aware that selecting the fixtures via the software makes them available ... in the software. I'm starting to wonder if you're asking the right questions.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse > I was just answering your question about how the computer knows which fixtures have been assigned addresses. If you already knew the answer, why did you ask?

Having established that the software does in fact have information on DMX fixtures and addresses, why then is it impossible to remove the unassigned fixtures cluttering up the UI when editing and creating scenes?

Eric Esteb 0 votes