Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox Import Date Issue, BIG PROBLEM

Hi.

I noticed this weekend after updating my rekordbox software to the latest issue that rekordbox import files with dates 07/2109, July, 2109.

I thought we are in December, 2019? 12/2019?

This totally fucks up all my smart crates (playlists) and need to be fixed, could you please get a workaround asap?

Best regards

//Wendell

Wendell Answered

Official comment

5.8.2 is officially released and fixes this issue; please update through rekordbox or download at rekordbox.com.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

13 comments

@Wendell > Can you please verify your computer clock is accurate and import another song to see if this is still an issue?

Which version of rekordbox are you using on which OS?

Pulse 0 votes

This is a long standing Rekordbox problem.

Depending on how tracks were introduced to the Rekordbox collection (drag 'n drop ; explorer ; iTunes bridge ; XML bridge) the formatting of the import date changes. sometimes it's MM/DD/YY then its YYYY/MM/DD or even variations like YYYY-MM-DD

For a while I thought most of the time Rekordbox uses the date preference as set in the system preferences (language & Region -> Advanced -> Dates) but this is not always the case.

a sub-sequential problem is that the import date column is not sortable and that once the import date for a track is set in the collection Rekordbox doesn't import the "DateAdded" field in a Rekordbox.XML for that particular track. Which results in a wrong formatted import date is impossible to correct. 

I've made the Rekordbox engineering team aware of this problem over 2 years ago but I think it's not that easy to fix

MixMasterG 1 vote

Hi Pulse.

I’m using the last version available of rekordbox, 5.8.8 or something like that, the one released by you in Pioneer a week ago, my Mac is running Mac OSX Catalina.

Have you heard about this problem before? I know a lot of djs having the same problem as we speak, checked a pioneer rekordbox group on Facebook and the were numerous djs have the same trouble.

Wendell 0 votes

I have same this problem! :-((( but just 5.8.1 version!

Paradi Jozsef István 0 votes

I have this exact same problem too.

Catalina 10.15.2
Rekordbox DJ 5.8.1

I use iTunes/Apple music (or whatever it's called now)

Songs imported into iTunes today, 17th Dec 2019 show as 30th June 2109 in Rekordbox when using the itunes/apple music bridge.

Songs imported directly into rekordbox, bypassing itunes import just fine.

Help!

Ian Forest 0 votes

Just had confirmation this is a bug that will be fixed in the next or at least a future release.

I don't use the XML, Rekordbox seems to know I have an iTunes/Apple music library and just imports it anyway.  Annoyingly takes about a minute for 30,000 tracks.

Ian Forest 0 votes

It looks like it is not possible to use XML at all on macOS 10.15 and rekordbox 5.8.1.

rekordbox does always prefer data using the Music.app bridge. When deleting the Music.app library, it does ignore the XML data and shows no songs at all in the iTunes tree.

Import date is also wrong here. Imported them from a new a clean Music.app library. Import date is 10.5 years off:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360055751372/comments/360008730271

Plangin 0 votes

If I reinstall version 5.8.0 the problem will disappear!

Paradi Jozsef István 0 votes

Hi again guys,

I run Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2.

I've noticed while my Rekordbox 5.8.1 collection on my Mac shows the date added as 2109.06.24, the same tracks on my USB on CDJ og XDJ shows the correct "date added".

For example Don Diablo Vs. Tupac - Changes Never Change (Mashup)

In rekordbox on my Mac, Date Added 24.06.2109, but Date Created 04.01.2020.

On the XDJ Date Added field seems to run by Date Created field in rekordbox.

Why has the date added field gone totally wrong?

Se the pictures below.

Wendell 0 votes

Same issue here. The date added is messed up. 

Catalina 10.15.2
Rekordbox DJ 5.8.1

As you can see below the date of the song is 2019 but the date added is December 2 2009

I have not added more songs for I rely a lot on the date added as well. Hoping this gets fixed soon.

Francis

Francis Abalos 0 votes

Took a sneak peek into rekordbox 5.8.2 Beta. Looks OK there.

Plangin 0 votes