Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox - sorting by date added

Hello,

I am a Rekodbox user in both export and performance mode and noticed something interesting about my collection.

I have 114 tracks that are always on the top of the list when I sort by data added, although I've added most of them quite a while ago. Is there something that will cause this behaviour? After these 114 tracks, the rest of my collection is sorted as expected. Interesting to note, these tracks are from different dates but are also sorted correctly within themselves.

For reference, I am using Rekordbox 5.8.1.

Here is also a screenshot of the sorted track dates:

Thanks in advance,

Angel

Angel Aksentiev

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

@Angel > That screenshot is too narrow for me to see where the scroll bar is, or what portion of the whole those are from. As far as I can see from that image, it's sorted correctly.

Pulse -1 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey Pulse,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I have sorted by date added in a descending order, so the top most date should be 16.12.2019 as I've some tracks today, however, on the screenshot you can se that 01.02.2019 is before that.

Here is another screenshot that I hope is more useful. This is also my "overall" collection and not a playlist or anything like that.

Thanks,

Angel

Angel Aksentiev 0 votes

@Angel > Can you confirm that those are "2019" and not another date (larger than 2019)? I just want to make sure of that before diving further. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > That is a good point.

In the example below I can see date added 01.02.2019 and I can see that the file is in my 2019 Jan folder. The date created is marked as 25.09.19, though. So I am not sure if that is a data corruption or something else. Also, can I manipulate the date added somehow? I thought that was rekordbox's internal tag.

Angel Aksentiev 0 votes

Yeah, but date created is not date added.

The date added column seems to be really borked in RB 5.8.1.

Tested on a CLEAN installation, added 3 tracks into a CLEAN Music database on macOS 10.15.2.

This is the result in iTunes tree:

Apple Music.app:

Rekordbox 5.8.1:

Seems to be around 10 years off.

BTW: All Music data is displayed flawlessly in iTunes' tree here without the need to export an XML. It's even not possible anymore to use an XML file as soon as RB recognizes a Music.app library.

Plangin 0 votes