Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

5.8.1 Cooked my thumbdrives

Removed random playlists and won't sync now with the iTunes (Music) bridge.  I've reverted back to the older 5.8 but too scared to try my third and final usb before a gig.

ndorse Answered

Official comment

Catalina support doesn't explicitly mean it supports the new Music app... please continue to use the XML EXPORT function from your Music application to import to rekordbox.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Are you already on macOS 10.15 Catalina?

It looks like (some official statement from Pioneer DJ would be nice), rekordbox does completely ignore the XML data on 10.15 Catalina. It does always prefer the data from Music.app library, even id it's empty.

Plangin 1 vote

Took so long to try and reply.  Couldn't log in or repost from ANY browser so had to link via Facebook as my regular log in didn't work :/

Yes I'm on Catalina but the new update supposedly automatically links to the music app.  Which it does fine if you're in performance mode but it corrupted three of my thumbdrives and wouldn't show any of their content.  I've reverted back to 5.8.0 where you manually export the XML and it's all great again.

Nic Owen 1 vote

@Pulse  I ran some tests in 5.8.1 adding tracks to the music app and they automatically sync'd to Rekordbox via the bridge without the need to export the XML.  *BUT* when I went to export to my thumbdrives it corrupted them.  I've since downgraded to 5.8.0 and am again happily exporting the XML and not having any issues!

Nic Owen 1 vote

@Pulse

Did you try the XML export method in 5.8.1? It does not work. rekordbox ignores the setting and does always access the Music.app DB directly. Even if it's empty.

People need to revert back to 5.8.0 to be able to use the XML export method.

Plangin 0 votes