Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox Laser Fixture Issue

Hey Pioneer Staff,

I recently got into the lighting side of rekordbox. I have successfully setup my two moving heads and a bar light. Everything has been working great and I really enjoy the product so far.

I decided to add on one more fixture and went with the Laserworld EL-400RGB laser. I went with this laser because it was listed as a supported fixture on the Pioneer Database site, but I'm having problems getting it setup/running correctly.

Making sure it is not an address issue, I assigned the laser to channel 1 in rekordbox and on the fixture. The laser will turn on and emit the same color/pattern, but rekordbox lacks any control after that. Using the rekordbox macro editor I tried changing colors, turning it on/off, and changing patterns, but none of it works. Continues with the same color/pattern the entire time regardless of macro editor changes. It's as if rekordbox only knows how to turn the laser on, but not control it once the laser is on.

Thoughts on why this is happening?

I've attached images to show my address setup and also attached the laser's DMX channel page from the manual.

Thanks,

Rob

robbythedude Answered

Official comment

Lasers, while available as a fixture type within rekordbox, are not yet supported for any kind of control at this time. We hope to have additional control for them in future.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Oh, alright. I'll wait for the update.

In the meantime, I feel like you guys should remove laser fixtures as supported devices. I would argue having the ability to turn it on with zero control does not mean "supported". It's extremely misleading...

Rob

robbythedude 0 votes

The database we use also services many other vendors, so having the entries there benefits not just us, but others as well - and as soon as we're ready with more laser functionality, the fixtures will be as well.

Pulse 0 votes