Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Algoriddim DJ PRO and DDJ-1000SRT Cue

Algoriddim allegedly support the ddj100srt on both windows and mac, I have djay pro on windows and djay pro 2 on mac and I have the same issue.

I am struggling to get a working solution for cueing. It seems that in the midi mapping it cant differentiate between the cue buttons for each channel.

The result is that on Channel 1 with the cue button pressed you can hear both channel 1 and channel 2 in the headphones and using the crossfader mixes between the two.

On the Mac you have options of setting cueing on different channels I have played around with this but you get the same result on a different channel

Has anyone got this to work?

Tim Poynter

Official comment

Algoriddim does list the DDJ-1000 and DDJ-1000SRT on their supported hardware list, but I haven't tested it myself.

The likely issue is the audio configuration; it should be set to something like this:

...but with the DDJ instead of the Soundflower audio device (which I'm using only because I don't have a DDJ here at the moment).

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

Hi 

Thanks so much for replying using the external mixer on the Mac works perfectly thank you.

However on my windows machine no luck, when you select external you can only set one deck and then the controller doesn't appear in the other drop downs as per screenshot below.

If I choose internal and select the mapping for DJ1000SRT I get the curing issue described above but more worryingly in terms of out put channel 1 works as expected, the up fader for channel 2 works fine but then the up fader for channel 1 controls both channel 1 and channel 2 and the crossfader is weird too, when far left it plays only channel 1 as expected as you move away from the left channel 2 can be heard but then on the far right neither channel can be heard.

Any ideas?

Support from Algoriddim has been pretty non existent.

I could just use my Mac but basically my kids have stolen it from me and I never get a look in!

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Tim Poynter 0 votes

Tim - I see the problem; you want to use the DDJ-1000SRT ASIO device!

Pulse 0 votes

If you've properly installed the DDJ-1000SRT drivers, the djay software should be able to use the ASIO device drivers for it to span across multiple output channels, that's the advantage of ASIO over WDME or LINE drivers.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi

Thanks again for the reply

I have installed the drivers as per the instructions and the device is showing correctly in the device manager in Windows.

I have removed and reinstalled the drivers but still only see the line device in Djay Pro.

Any other thoughts or guidance?

Thanks

Tim Poynter 0 votes

Hi

Just double checked the Djay Pro website and there isn't currently support natively on windows for the srt there is for Mac I wrongly assumed both

I did try this

https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014703472-How-to-bridge-djay-to-work-with-ASIO-powered-controllers-

It worked but lag on jog wheels and lots of audio distortion so I guess its waiting until they support it natively on windows 

Thanks

Tim Poynter 0 votes

Ah, yeah, that would be an issue - they're pretty good about getting those things added, so it shouldn't be long.

Pulse 0 votes

i feel your pain man. 

i am having the EXACT same issue with the cue buttons and the sound going to the wrong channel and i'm using the MAC version of DJ pro 2 with my DDJ-SZ. 

External mixer IS NOT a solution. you can't record anything using the software which basically sucks and it SHOULD work correctly. i just upgraded from the DDJ-SX where everything was working fine so i know it's not a MAC issue, it's a fight between the Pioneer utility software and the DJ pro software. 

Vinny 0 votes

having the same issue describe above. would like to know if a solution is in the works. Ive had to use serato instead of Algoriddm since purchasing the srt 1000.

Niko 0 votes