Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

RB-DMX 1 with DMX Merger to gain gobos etc?

So just being honest, the lack of updates on the RB-1 and how even in Pioneers videos they are showing moving heads using gobo's, has me pretty sour on the marketing.  I have stuck it out for 9 months and seen no added functionality.  

Therefore I need to make a change or sell it off as it appears they pre-maturely rolled this product out on false promises and won't give any kind of status when functionality that is shown in their own videos will be added.

Is anyone using a DMX merger to add gobo functionality and even some movement etc?  I use ShowXpress for my sound portion of my company with a touch screen and feel this could potentially be a way to add the functionality for an added cost of course.  

If you are using one, have you had any issues?  Which one do you, or dont you recommend?  

jcasi Answered

Official comment

You could certainly port the output DMX signal from the RB-DMX1 into another device. I've used an ENTTEC DMX-USB Pro, but only for diagnostic purposes - it can't simultaneously receive and send. If you had an interface or console capable of it, you could set up your software to apply a change to the appropriate channels of your fixtures for things like gobo, prism, focus, iris, etc.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

1 comment