Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox Performance Mode Set Up w/non Pioneer Mixer

Hi,

I'm using two Pioneer XDJ-1000's MK1's w/an Allen & Heath DB2 mixer.  I would like to use my laptop running Rekordbox in Performance mode with my setup and have been told by Pioneer that this is possible.

I have all three units plugged in via USB cables and I can get both the XDJ's to control Rekordbox - my only problem is I cannot get the audio to play through the mixer...

When I go into Rekordbox Preferences and select the Audio tab and go down to the menu to select the appropriate driver I have 3 choices, MacBook Speakers or XDJ1000 1 or 2... How do I get the appropriate driver or how do I get the DB2 mixer to act as the audio interface?

the sly virus

Official comment

The simplest way would be, if you're on a Mac, to use the Aggregator Tool to merge the two XDJs into a single audio device and connect the outputs from them to the channel inputs on the mixer for the audio. If you're on a PC, it should automatically have both XDJs' ASIO devices merged.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. For some reason I cannot download the Aggregator Tool - on my Mac laptop & iMac desktop. Both come back with the same error: "Error. Pease check your device connection(s)."  

I checked both devices connections and they are sound so I'm not quite sure what's going on here...

the sly virus 0 votes

That's actually just a tool to create an aggregate device automatically - you can do it yourself...

With your XDJs connected via USB, open the Audio MIDI Setup app to the Audio Devices window, then click the + icon at the bottom left and select Create Aggregate Device. Click on the name of it and call it something like "X-AGG" (don't put XDJ in the name), and click the checkbox in the "Use" column beside the two XDJ's in the right window.

You can then close the Audio MIDI Setup app and launch rekordbox. In the rekordbox preferences, select the X-AGG device as your audio device with the Mixer Mode set for External. Then in the output channels, you'll assign Output Deck 1 to Output 1 and Output 2, and Output Deck 2 to Output 3 and Output 4. If they end up being backwards, just set Output 1 to 3 and 4 and Output 2 to 1 and 2.

That's it.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the help!  I'm still unclear with your directions...What are the XDJ's connected to via USB? Each other or to my computer or something else?

This Audio MIDI Setup app in Audio Devices where do I find this? In Rekordbox? Do I navigate the settings menu in one of the physical XDJ's? 

the sly virus 0 votes

Both via USB to the computer or a USB hub.

The Audio MIDI Setup app is a standard Apple application - find it by pressing command+space and starting to type that in the pop-up search.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes I got it to work! Thanks for your help and the detailed instructions!

the sly virus 0 votes

Awesome. Not sure why the tool didn't work, but glad you got it working manually.

Pulse 0 votes