Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

FULL compatibility CDJ/XDJ aggregator with Catalina

Hi, I have been reading the forum and cannot see an update to the Catalina Pioneer equipment compatibility since December 5th 2019. Will there be a resolution for Catalina, CDJ/XDJ aggregator, and all CDJ equipment specifically CDJ2000NXS2.

If there is no possible solution then I can look to invest in a earlier version MacBooks or consider alternative DJ software as I am unable to be fully functional in a number of nightclubs due to this topic.

Joseph Eaton Answered

Official comment

It's not a matter of who announced what when, but rather the changes made to the operating system that rendered the audio and control systems inoperable.

Our team is working on it and we appreciate your patience.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

4 comments

It's pretty impressive that 3 months after Catalina was released this still hasn't been fixed, even though they announce 'Full Compatibility' with Catalina and bury a little notice at the bottom of a PDF. I'm basically stuck now as need to upgrade for work but then won't be able to use my XDJs in aggregator mode which is my primary use case.

Olliek 0 votes

Pioneer are treating their customers terribly over this. Apple announce ages ago the change to 64-bit only - Pioneer have had well over a year to fix it:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436

The CDJ2000 Nexus2 is still their premium product, so why can't it be used with Rekordbox in performance mode, with the current version of MacOS?

Barry Lyndsell 0 votes