Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

problem with cueing 2

Hi I posted up a while ago about an issue I had with the cue point jumping in rekordbox when I press the cue button on my cdj400. a link to a video showing the problem is in the original post.

Heres the post:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048310292-problem-with-cueing

I think I've found out what is causing it and how to undo it.

https://youtu.be/ZOmrl9uo6zc

it seems to happen when I use the seach button (fast forward) randomly and to undo it you have to pause it (even though it keeps playing but without sound) and spin the jog wheel back then you have to go back to the cue point and reset it. simple but it has always done it while I was on the radio untill today

I'm sure its a software issue not a hardware issue. I hope it can get sorted.

neil s

Official comment

@neil > Given that we've not seen this with other players, and the conditions for it to occur are very limited / specific, I'm not sure that this would be addressed anytime soon, but I'll pass it to our rekordbox team for review.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

@neil > I just got out my CDJ-400's to test this and couldn't replicate it so I'm actually wondering if it's a worn-out contact switch or the play/pause / cue buttons misbehaving to cause that to occur? Does it do it with another CDJ-400?

Pulse 0 votes

its done it once on the other cdj but it always seems to happen on the same one. when its done it in the past I've switched from PC mode to USB mode and its been fine but when i switch back to PC mode it still dose the same thing even if i change track.

neil s 0 votes

Hmmm, I can't rule out a hardware issue ... it would be a tricky one to try and catch on a MIDI monitor as well. I know rekordbox doesn't handle switching on that unit between USB / PC connections, so that could be part of it.

Pulse 0 votes