Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox exporting playlist to USB suddenly extremely slow

Good Evening Please help, using windows 10 updated to Rekordbox 5 & now exporting to USB Painfully & extremely slow. I have been using Rekordbox for 3 years & more than happy but this sudden slow down is very concerning.

I have changed nothing & use the same USB flash drives which I have always used &  been fast enough not to cause issue & definitely not concern. I.e Scandisk & alternative USB 2.0 & 3.0 although no significant difference in export speed between these anyway. I have noticed a pop up appearing that never did before with message "Do you want to update my settings on your device" which makes no difference whether I do or don't. No issues with PC Virus etc & all other software working ok. I have older version of rekordbox on another pc using windows 7 which is fine? Everything was working great until last month or so.

Look Forward to your resolution

Jason Farrugia

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

You said nothing has changed, but you said "Updated to rekordbox 5..."

What version were you using before?

The fact it asks you if you want to update the settings on your device is simply asking if you want to export the CDJ settings you have within the rekordbox preferences to the USB drive to be called up when you insert it in a player. It has recognized there was a change and is offering you the option to update the USB drive.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It's extremely slow now. It took something like 25minutes to transfer 4Gigs of music from my desktop, then another 25 minutes to my DJ laptop. It seems like upgrading the beatgrid and cue point data is the biggest culprit. This is unacceptable.

Antti-K 0 votes

Thanks for the share. However, my experience with my fairly modern USB 3.0 drive with less data takes more than twice the time than the slowest drive in your test. Even when writing the same data from the USB to the NVME drive on my 2019 Lenovo laptop takes as long.

Antti-K 0 votes

Just because it's a "fairly modern USB3.0 drive" doesn't mean it has good write speeds for small files, ditto the NVME drive.

Pulse 0 votes