Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Weird RB after last update

Last night i am preparing a new tracks. When i finished leave the running updated RB ( NOT ANALYZING OR OTHER PROCESS )[ RB 5.8.3, MBP 2012 CTO Mojave, Samsung usb3 128GB ] with my usb stick in port and turn computer to sleep. Morning i have a BIG SURPISE. The computer was restarted and error warning wants to send to apple ( some kernel power failure with no rekordbox process )- ok. When i switched window to the RB then nice error warning shows. My library is corrupted. Want you delete? What???? The device isnt accessible from RB. No playlists, cuepoints etc. I have no library backup. I have all tracks on usb. BUT!!!! My XDJ RX reads ALL of my data ( music, playlists, cuepoints, ...) CORRECTLY Whats the matter???? Is some way to reexport RB data from XDJ? Or save my library data? I cant rebuild database playlists and cue pounts again with 5k tracks...Any HELP please???

Toner Answered

Official comment

I've conferred with the engineers and unfortunately it's not recoverable. My recommendation would be if you have a few tracks you want to salvage, to get a CDJ out beside the computer and load the tracks up to manually replicate the changes.

Based on similar issues previously reported, we are hoping to create a method by which backups are automatically stored on the drive, but unfortunately this does not currently exist, so we'll have to wait. Sorry!

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

If your rekordbox database is current, then I'd recommend formatting the USB drive and exporting the contents again.

Pulse 0 votes

How its possible the fact that db data is accessible on XDJ but not on the RB???

Toner 0 votes