Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

midi issues in rekordbox and Behringer controller

hi all.

I can't map any of the functions of. my Behringer. cmd dv1 controller.

i want to map effects. section

rekordbox recognizes the hardware. but that's it. it doesn't work when I try to map it using the learn button, or the regular way. not even a blink. it sends midi signals because I plug in into Ableton and I can check it on the midi monitor.  any tips? im attaching the cc notes that the device sends . also, , with midi channel rekordbox uses?

parrillusky

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

What control are you trying to map to which function? For example, if you are trying to use a button where it expects a rotary encoder, it will not work.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

hi. 

thx for your answer, but yeah , if I try to map for. example, and on /off effect button, I use of course a button on my controller. but it does not work, I had changed usb cable, port, and midi channel. nothing seems to work.

parrillusky 0 votes

What values are transmitted for the buttons? If they're not sending a full on signal of 127, that could be why.

Pulse 0 votes

I just i just press the button on the controller, and nothing changes. How can I find out those values ?

parrillusky 0 votes

OK i justo realized that when I press/ release on e button on my controller, it sends 2 different midi codes, so I have to keep it pressed down , close the midi editor and now I can manage to control the effect on/ off on my software.

so, now lets go with the knobs, they don't work. 

parrillusky 0 votes

You should be able to check the MIDI monitor application to get more details on what values are being transmitted.

Pulse 0 votes

all rige, this is what I get. as you can see, the controller generates 2 messages when pressing and relasing the button ( that is more or less sorted out )

the main problem now is the knobs, as you can see on the screenshot, it does only generate 1 note, no matter how much I turn it

parrillusky 0 votes

here you can see a detail of the knob behaviour. turn it to one direction gives you one data, another data when turn them the other way around. I have 12 knobs, and each row have it own name.

parrillusky 0 votes