Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Omit songs from Intelligent playlists

Hi All, Im pulling my hair out here. I have an album on rekordbox box which i am constantly adding to. I want to set up up an intelligent playlist that mirrors this album. Thats easy, i set the intelligent playlist to contain all songs with the album name techno. However id also like it to omit certain songs within the techno album so that they are not added to the intelligent playlist. So i thought id create a custom tag. If ive listened to a song on the techno album i tick the custom tag which ive called "checked" I then set a new condition on the custom playlist. My Tag - must not contain - "checked" So by my thinking, in order for a song to be accepted into the intelligent playlist it must Contain the Album name "techno" and not be Tagged as "Checked" Simply put, After ive listened to a song on the intelligent playlist i tick the tag "Checked" and it should disappear from the intelligent playlist. However as soon as i add the 2nd condition all the songs disappear from the playlist. That should only happen if all the songs within the techno album have also been tagged "Checked" I have not tagged any song to "checked" yet so the intelligent playlist shouldn't change until i do. Any ideas? Hope ive explained this right. Cheers.
Ryan Steele

Official comment

Here's the question... do all the other songs in your collection have at least one other tag? There's a glitch (which I personally hate) which doesn't allow a negative tag selection if you don't have at least one tag on all other songs.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

(To get around this, select all songs and give them a tag "InCollection"... it's what I do!)

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks.

I didn't know you could tag a batch of songs in one go. How do i do that? Id hate to do it one by one lol.

This is a good idea but i dont think it solves the problem. As i keep downloading and adding new tunes to the album techno they would manually have to be tagged in collection repeatedly. Shame it couldn't be done automatically.

Ryan Steele 0 votes

@Ryan > Select all (CTRL+A on Windows, Command+A on Mac), then open the tag panel and tick the box for the tag you want to assign.

Pulse 0 votes