Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Number of pad modes for DDJ RX ?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering before bying: Is there a way to get 12 pads modes (and so map the keyboard and keyshift modes) on the DDJ RX ? With a second tap on a pad mode button for example, as it's possible with DDJ SP1. Or a long press...

If not now, would it be possible with a firmware update ?

@Pioneer=
I LOVE the jogs of the DDJ 1000
But I prefer the ergonomy of the RX (dual deck mode, FX on top, needle search, only one scroll knob then assign above the track (so easy !), loop section...)
=> a blend of both models should be perfect ! Quite sure I'm not the only one in this case ...

Thanks for your answers.

BAB's Ol

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

So you want to parameters to go through 12 different modes that are all mapped already, no.  You can add a XP1 and up the mode numbers but that would be your best bet.

Jay 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Not especially already mapped, I can do it by myself if it's possible. 

But apparently, no "physical" way to make a long press / second press on a pad mode button to send another MIDI message (again, as it is possible for the SP1 or the DDJ 1000 = pressing twice "sampler" gives "velocity sampler" if my memory is correct) ? And no eventual possibility through firmware update ?

Thanks for your precision.

BAB's Ol 0 votes

Sorry, rekordbox doesn't differentiate between a single press, a long press, or double-press on a pad. Only when in a velocity mode does it listen for a difference in the pressure to translate to "volume" of the sample.

Pulse 0 votes

again, I'm not talking about pressing on a pad, but on pad mode buttons above the pad, since SP1 and DDJ1000 can do it in rekorbox, i was hopping there was a way with the DDJ RX...

BAB's Ol 0 votes

The PAD MODE buttons change what signal the pad itself sends.

Pulse 0 votes

Is it MIDI channel type signal ? In this way that could be possible I guess ?

I insist because the DDJ SP1 is even older than the RX, it also came out with 8 pads mode, but can now also work with pitch play mode on Serato ...

BAB's Ol 0 votes

Anyway if there's for instance only 8 pads modes that can be triggered by the hardware, while the number of pads modes including in the soft is higher (especially with the pad editor mode that let users create their own modes), then let's turn my original question as feature request please: 

make improvement in RB code to recognize a second press on a pad mode key as trigger of another mode.
Apparently, some other users are limited in their mapping for the same reason.

To keep you motivated, think that Serato does it perfectly with Pioneer controllers since few years now ;-). Shouldn't be that complicated, and give a higher value to your hardware...

BAB's Ol 0 votes