Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

How long will Rekordbox 5 be supported for Windows?

Hi,

How long will Rekordbox 5 be supported for Windows?

I bought a DDJ-1000 last December and now I'm regretting that choice since now i will be forced to upgrade to Rekordbox 6. Not knowing how long Rekordbox 5 will be supported for windows updates?

I am concerned that say Windows comes out with Windows 11, that Rekordbox 5 wont have an update for it, making my DDJ-100 become an expensive paper weight. As well as seeing Rekorndbox 6 functionality diminish as time passes, forcing me to pay pioneer a monthly subscription fee just to use simple features that were once free when Rekordbox 6 first launched.

This makes me hesitant to by any Pioneer Rekordbox hardware in the future knowing this can happen again, and then I will have a wasted my money and have a pioneer product that will be worthless.

I should have went with a standalone system that doesn't require a monthly fee.

Any help with my concerns are appreciated!

DJ Zullo Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

23 comments

The DDJ-1000 will unlock Performance mode in Rekordbox 6 for free. What do you believe you will lose by moving to 6?

Infinite 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

I will lose DVS functionality, since for Rekordbox 6 its a paid subscription now.

DJ Zullo 0 votes

From my reading the DDJ-1000 hardware unlock allows you to use the 'Core' plan which includes DVS. The Hardware unlock has been poorly documented on the website IMO.

Did you try install 6 and see if DVS works?

Infinite 0 votes

When I installed Rekordbox 6, you have to choose a plan. Mine was Free (Hardware Unlocked Plan)

https://rekordbox.com/en/plan/

DVS Control is listed only under the paid plans, Core and Creative. The Free plan does not have DVS included.

I tried to use DVS after install Rekordbox 6, and DVS functionality is not available.

DJ Zullo 1 vote

Checked their FAQ and got their feature plan table and it shows what you said above. Not sure why the plans displayed in the install process showed different info.

I uninstalled the Rekordbox 6 and reinstalled again with my DDJ-1000 turned on and now DVS is working. Thanks!

DJ Zullo 0 votes

Sounds like you've done eveything right. Hopefully the Pioneer guys chip in. Bit weird on launch day that Pioneer are so slow to respond to the boards.

Here's a quote from their website:

With Hardware Unlock devices, you can use Core plan functions too.

Infinite 0 votes

By the looks of it I'm not on a 30 day trial. When i start up Rekordbox 6, the popup window under the plan tab, shows I am under the Free plan. But I am using the Hardware unlock since I have the DDJ-1000? I thought the same thing, but with this new launch maybe i will lose functionality?

Hopefully someone from Pioneer can chime in and clear some of this up from the different plan charts. Because i don't want DVS control to just stop working, and then find out I lose DVS functionality?

Thanks you both for responding :)

DJ Zullo 0 votes

To answer the other question, rekordbox 5 development has ended; it will still remain functional but no updates will be made.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you!

What about DVS Control, is that apart of Free with hardware unlocked Rekordbox 6 with my DDJ-1000, if i already bought it for rekordbox 5?

Or is DVS control only available with the paid Core or Creative plans?

DJ Zullo 0 votes

Just for further clarification,  I have the 1000 and the ability to buy just the DVS add on with rekordbox 5.  Now with 6 DVS only is not an option so I would be forced to also pay for the performance portion even though its already unlocked?    

Eric Forest 0 votes

For the DDJ-1000, DVS is a paid upgrade with the Core or Creative plan.

There is no single-purchase to unlock that feature.

Purchases for rekordbox 5 are no longer available.

Pulse 0 votes

I guess I will have to start looking for alternative. I paid for DVS on rekordbox 5 with my DDJ 1000 and now you want me to pay monthly? Way to drive away your customers.

Ryan Bromfield 1 vote

@Ryan > Sorry to hear that; yes, you would have to pay monthly as part of the new subscription model.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse I hope they change their mind on that. Could cost them a bunch of loyal customers.

Ryan Bromfield 1 vote

Sorry, there are no plans to make one-time purchase items available.

Pulse 0 votes

So as the Pioneer moderators have said that the same features from RB5 will be available for RB6, for the DDJ-1000 owners with hardware unlock. Minus DVS and RMX effects, that's ok with me.

I just hope down the road that those hardware unlock free features don't get removed and pushed to the paid subscriptions plans. That is what my main worry is, which means my DDJ-1000 will require a paid subscription for the performance mode functionality?

Hopefully in time those hardware unlocked features stay free for RB6?

Thanks again for answering our questions!

DJ Zullo 0 votes

@Zullo > That is correct -- we're not going to take away any features you currently have to charge you for them later. We have additional features coming in the pipeline and those will be included in the paid plans, but nothing will be removed. If it's unlocked by hardware, it will always be unlocked by hardware, for free.

Pulse 1 vote

I should also add that there will always be some updates and fixes that will be for all plans, but I'd rather not go too specific in case it's one way and not the other.

Pulse 1 vote

"That is correct -- we're not going to take away any features you currently have to charge you for them later."

You are doing exactly that with the XDJ-RX. Taking away performance mode usability the controller that I had a licence for, and are charging me for performance mode with a controller again.  

Aaron Banbury 0 votes

@Aaron > The XDJ-RX did not ship with a license for rekordbox 5 (performance mode), thus it is not a hardware unlock device for rekordbox 6.

Pulse 0 votes