Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

DDJ-RB with PLX-500

So I have a DDJ-RB for about 2 years now which I’m really enjoying. And was thinking of getting a little extra to it, a PLX-500. My father has some old LP’s he would like to listen on it, but I would also like to connect it to my DDJ-RB. So I can use his old songs in the mix aswell. I still have some questions about it, Will I be able to connect the both of these or will I have trouble with it? Also when I’m able to connect them, can I hear the song on the PLX-500 with my headphones on the DDJ-RB connected? Just some tips on how this will work or not work. And I’m not sure if this
Jesse de Bruin Answered

Official comment

The DDJ-RB doesn't have any input connections, but the PLX-500 does have the ability to connect to the computer via USB. So connect both devices to the computer and you could then listen via the RB depending on the software you're using and how you have it configured.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Oké that helps a lot. I work in Rekordbox for my DDJ-RB so this won’t be a problem?

Jesse de Bruin 0 votes

Also will I be able to have my boxes used for both at the same time when I use them?

Jesse de Bruin 0 votes

Well, no - and here's the problem; rekordbox can record from the PLX, and you can playback on the RB, but you can't have the PLX connected as an audio source while trying to playback on the RB at the same time.

Pulse 0 votes