Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

6.0.1 Beta - After restore from another computer, all files missing

OS version: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i5-4310M
RAM: 8GB
Graphics driver: NVidia
Display resolution: 1280x1024
rekordbox mode: Export 
Plus Packs: n/a
Model name of Pioneer DJ product used with rekordbox, Firmware/Driver version: DJM-250MK2

Details: Backup from computer where database and track files are located on E:. Restore to other system with same drive for database and files, E:. Result is all files show missing, location drive is C:? when it should be E:. The folder location is correct, disk location is wrong, Both systems running 6.0.1 beta version and backup created on 6.0.1 version.

DJ Joel Answered

Post is closed for comments.

9 comments

File menu/Library/Backup Library on one system

File menu/Library/Restore on 2nd computer

DJ Joel 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I created a ticket for that already as 6.0.0 was doing the same when restoring a backup. It didn't even matter if the bachup was restored on a different computer or at the same computer. In my case it was even the same drive relationship.
The original music files are on E:\ but after the restore the database were showing C:\ and therefore is missing all files.
With the file relocation it could be worked around but it is expected to work correctly.

My ticket is still open but I have received a few questions from the support team. I assume they are working on it. 

Frank Richter 0 votes

Yes - relocation works as designed. I didn‘t tried the automatic relocation so far.

Frank Richter 0 votes

Automatic relocation in RB6 resolved the issue for me. I have used this method to synchronize my 2 systems for over a year with no issues. 

DJ Joel 0 votes