Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

E 8305 error CDJ 350 but file types are correct

I bought a CDJ 350 in order to play wav files from a USB stick for a radio who.  The manual says 24 bit files at 44.1 khz or 48 khz are supported but none of those files will work on the unit.  16 bit files have been OK.  What are my options?  And how comes a supported file type isn't working?  A bit frustrating as I bought the unit just to be able to play wavs instead of MP3's!  Any help appreciated, thanks. 

fahad ashraf

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Yes, 24bit / 48kHz WAV files are listed as supported by the CDJ-350, but there may be something else about the files themselves which may be causing the problem, such as if they came from Bandcamp (which has an issue with the PCM stream type flag). If you want, send one or two of them to forums@pioneerdj.com and I can take a look to see why they might not play.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

The files are from Bandcamp!  Can you tell me if there's a workaround to this problem?  Or should I just go back and download a different file type?  Last night after posting this I went back and re-downloaded some tracks as AIFF and they worked.  It's a hassle to do it for all the tracks, but it's doable if that's the only way. 

fahad ashraf 0 votes

Got your email as well -- you have two choices; you can cross-code them using iTunes (or similar), or you can manually edit them using a HEX editor.

The problem is the PCM encoding. If you want to get nerdy and dirty...

Some Bandcamp content has been configured for “enhanced multichannel audio.” This is cool for applications that can use that data, and those that can’t, likely ignore it. rekordbox ignores it, but the CDJs don't. To fix it, change bytes 20-21 (wFormatTag) to a value of 01 00 (a decimal value of 1; meaning PCM):

Or just re-encode it with another app, even if it's to the same bit/sample rates.

Pulse 0 votes