Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Dragging files from usb to import into rekordbox doesn't align after lost backup of computer

Basically, I've been away from my DJ gear for a while. In that time, my computer died, and I was forced to restore from a previous backup (from August). However, since August, I've cued and edited lots of tracks, which now need to be re-imported into rekordbox. However, when I try dragging in a file from my finder window from my usb drive, a totally different song gets dragged in instead, and I cannot for the life of me understand why. I think it may have something to do with filepaths being different, but have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I just want things to go back to how they were before I lost my prior backup, where I still have my cue points and when I drag a song in for it to be the actual song and not a totally different song.

Michael Zaks Answered

Official comment

@Michael > Don't do that -- instead, open rekordbox, connect your export drive, right-click a song and select "Import to Collection." If you want to do the entire drive, make a new playlist on the drive itself, add all the songs to it, then do the same process but click the playlist instead of a song.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

1 comment