Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Deleted Itunes tracks still appear in Rekordbox

Deleted tracks in Itunes still appear in rekordbox in the Itunes "All Tracks" view. All the songs were proper files - no Apple Music used - and completely deleted from the hard drive.

In Rekordbox they still appear with the crossed red circle icon and can't be deleted. Could you please help how to remove them from RB? Tried different things already, nothing worked (refreshing Itunes, deleting itunes xml link and re link, etc..)

Rekordbox: 5.85

Itunes: 12.9.4

Mac OS Mojave 10.14

christian limb

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Try going to File/Display All Missing Files and delete them there.

DJ Joel 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

The are not in the track collection. They only appear in the Itunes  tree under "All Files".

I read in another thread it could be a permission / sharing issue but there was no solution. Any ideas?

christian limb 0 votes

Here's what I would do...

1) Make a copy of the iTunes XML file (just rename it).

2) Delete the XML file (unless you renamed it - keep that copy).

3) Open iTunes, it will build a new one.

4) Close iTunes... wait.

5) Open rekordbox, open the iTunes branch of the tree.

6) See if the files you had removed from iTunes are still showing.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks Pulse. I found the solution after hours of troubleshooting :-)

Songs still in my Itunes Cloud Library were causing this issue. Meaning the songs i bought with itunes but deleted from the hard drive. They were still hidden in my library as cloud songs. After clicking "View all Music" in Itunes i deleted all the songs with the cloud symbol and the problem was solved!

christian limb 0 votes

Ahhhh - that makes sense. And that actually may shed light on an issue another customer is having, so thanks! :D

Pulse 0 votes