Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Full Set History Not Saving On USB

Hi,

I am using XDJ RX2 firmware version: 1.32

I am using Rekordbox Mac Firmware Version: 6.0.0

I am using Catalina Firmware Version: 10.15.3

I am using Rekordbox to sync music to my USB and I plug the USB into the RX2 

When I play a set only 5 or 10 out of 20 or 30 of the tracks get saved in he history playlists on the USB if any at all! 

When looking at the histories tab in rekordbox there are incomplete history playlists there also. What is going on?

Ross Martin

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Same Problem for me.

XDJ-RX (latest firmware)

Rekordbox Mac 6.0.0 rev.18624-16955-16959

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)

Imported histories from USB drive are incomplete. Track history lost. Very annoying!

Jonas Winzen 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Did either of you fully wipe the export drive (if it contained any exports from rekordbox 5)?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse, My answer to that is no. I’ll format a drive and let you know if the issue is still there

Ross Martin 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

the problem happened to me with a freshly formatted (FAT32 - MBR) USB SSD (128 GB). There was no pre-existing Rekordbox database on the device.

I could also try with other formats. But I think FAT32 with MBR is pretty much the baseline. 

Jonas Winzen 0 votes

I have tried with a fresh formatted 128gb drive last night and again there is an incomplete history.

I'm not sure if it is related but the performance of this drive was considerably worse than an identical drive created in Rekordbox 5. By poor performance I mean taking 5-10 seconds to load songs and difficulties browsing folders. I actually had to swap drives mid set it was that poor. 

Ross Martin 0 votes