Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Restored DB - Showing all files in the wrong place.

I had to restore a databse from a backup and it it showing as all files being located on c:\tunes instead of the correct located of m:\tunes.

I looked at the 'Move'Database' option and it was already set to the M drive.

How do I correct this other than Relocating files, which are all in sub folders

Many thanks

Glenn Petersen

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Forget that

I've found this fancy feature. wooosh !

If you've changed the location where you saved a track, the message [File is Missing] is displayed, and you may not be able to play or export the track. (The status column is marked with [!].)

In this case, you can [Auto Relocate] or [Relocate] the track.

[Auto Relocate] searches and relocates files in the folder specified by you in the [Preferences] > [Advanced] > [Database] > [Auto Relocate Search Folders].

[Relocate] enables you to manually specify the location of the file and relocate it.

Follow the instructions in either of the following two ways:

• From the  application menu

Select [File] > [Display All Missing Files] in the application menu. In the [Missing File Manager] window, click either the [Auto Relocate] or [Relocate] button.

• From the context menu

After selecting the track with [!], right-click to show the context menu and select [Auto Relocate] or [Relocate].

Glenn Petersen 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

RB6 has an issue with the backup/restore library. My database and folders are on E: and the restore changes it to C:. In RB6, you can use the relocate tracks function to fix the issue.

I reported this to support and they are addressing it.

DJ Joel 0 votes

Ah thanks mate, that explains it !

I'm still missing all my analysis files/preview waveforms. Any idea how to fix that ?

Glenn Petersen 0 votes