Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Missing files that cannot be relocated

So I have spent around 20 hours making playlists into genres (moving 7000 songs one by one into individual playlists)

Since doing this, I moved all of the songs into one big folder on my USB drive, and because of this all of the songs now say "File can not be found at registered location. select relocate from right click menu"

One problem, you CAN NOT right click a menu from USB drive, this only works for me on my normal PC C: drive. Also, when I display all missing files it only shows me missing files from my C: collection, and none from my USB drive despite "Auto relocate search folders" being the correct USB Drive folder and my database management being at D: (USB)

Does anyone know a fix for this? I've been trying to find tutorials for ages and there doesnt seem to be any specifically for USB drives. I now have 7000 songs that I cannot play, I could obviously delete and upload them all but then all of my playlists will be deleted that i've spent so many hours putting together. I really hope there is a fix.

Thank you

tom feighery

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

UPDATE: I have found out that you can highlight all of them and click > track > auto relocate, when I do this, nothing happens. It scans them all and they're still all missing.

When I try to locate one by one, it says it's already in the collection (I assume because I have the same set of songs twice - one in "collection" and the other in my D: drive usb)

tom feighery 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

UPDATE: When I highlight all and click on relocate, it says there a no missing files (the files AREN'T missing on the C: drive, but on the D: drive they all are, despite them all being in D:/All Music

tom feighery 0 votes

There must be a way to simply change the file path to show where all of the songs are, surely? Every single song is in one location, and yet Rekordbox can't find it no matter how many things I try. Even when I try to replace each track one by one by doing it manually nothing happens, still shows missing file after clicking the correct file.

When I do it in a group, it says "rekordbox found 0 files" 

tom feighery 0 votes

Go to Preferences/Advanced/Database and under Auto Relocate specify the folder where the tracks are located. Then run the Relocate again.

DJ Joel 0 votes

I manage 2 systems with RB, my desktop that I use as my primary library manager. And my laptop that I use to perform with. Both systems are setup where the database and track locations are the same on both systems. I then use Backup/Restore to copy the database between the systems to maintain all my playlists, cue points, etc. RB6 right now has an issue with Backup/Restore that I have reported to Pioneer.

DJ Joel 0 votes