Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

how to covert from recorderbox 5 to recorderbox 6

does anybody know how to covert from recordbox 5 to recorderbox 6 when i open recorderbox 6 it did not ask me if i wanna to convert i try the libraury from 5 or earier did not work am i missing something here is there another way to do this please help this is getting to hard for this and i liked to convert over to recorderbox 6 i also try a empty libbraury too did not work please help

djdonniec

Donnie Clarke Answered

Post is closed for comments.

13 comments

Dear Sir

If you still "NOT" start "Library Sync", please see the below procedure to restart converting from v5 to v6.

1. you start rekordbox v5 and please backup your all own. then close rekordbox.

2. If there is, please stop "rekordbox Agent" process from
- Win:TaskManager
- Mac:Activity Monitor

3. remove the below files. Please be careful.
- Win:
In case of Internal HDD : go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox
In case of External HDD : go to {root}/PIONEER/Master
remove share FOLDER
remove automixPlaylist6.xml
remove master.db
remove master.db-shm
remove master.db-wal
remove master.backup.db
remove masterPlaylists6.xml
remove networkAnalyze6.db

remove C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox6 FOLDER
remove C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordboxAgent FOLDER

- Mac:
In case of Internal HDD : go to /Users/{username}/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox
In case of External HDD : go to {root}/PIONEER/Master
remove share FOLDER
remove automixPlaylist6.xml
remove master.db
remove master.db-shm
remove master.db-wal
remove master.backup.db
remove masterPlaylists6.xml
remove networkAnalyze6.db

remove /Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox6 FOLDER
remove /Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordboxAgent FOLDER
remove /Users/{username}/Library/Logs/Pioneer/rekordbox6 FOLDER

4. reboot Win/Mac, and re-start rekordbox.

Thanks,

Kanta 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@kanta if I already have a back up external drive do I still have to do a backup?  already have a dropbox account

djdonniec

Donnie Clarke 0 votes

Dear Sir,

If you already have a v5 back up, please try to do the above.

Thanks,

Kanta 0 votes

Dear Donnie,

If you have Win, please open "Task Manager" on Windows and stop process all rekordbox agent. Or if you have Mac, please open "Activity Monitor" and try to do as same.

Thanks.

Kanta 0 votes

@kanta after all that when i reboot do i reboot to recorderbox v6 or 5 and does it guide me to convert im already on the creative plan too/

Donnie Clarke 0 votes

@kanta it is starting to convert over looks like it is working now the external hardrive im using to convert with can i use it on another computor that is recorderbox 6 or do i have to convert that one too or is it a one time thing for converting also the hard drive that is converted to v6 can i use for v5 also?

Donnie Clarke 0 votes

@kanta ok its done converting i have 20784 tracks i got missing files now i did a relocate the external drive i have is e drive i did auto relocate and the missing files says it is in drive G also it says i have 72784 tracks in there when it says in collation what do i do am i doing something wrong do i have to re do the converting please help this is so crazy 

Donnie Clarke 0 votes

@Donnie > If you want to use that external drive with another computer, if you are using the creative account, you can move the drive to the other computer and it will have the database synchronized. The other option is to move the database to the external drive.

The reason you're having a problem with the relocation is Windows has been assigning the drive letter as used instead of having a fixed drive letter every time you connect that drive.

You'll need to do a mass-relocation; follow the instructions here.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse i will do that is it easier to upload my collaction from recorderbox 6 to the cloud or from the harddrive which i have all my music in folders on external hardrive which is better to do?

Donnie Clarke 0 votes

@pulse ok I did the coversion I did the mass relocation so now tell how does 20784 songs go to 83784 songs a lot of the collaction is grayed out my playlists are triple for exsample 1a I see it 3 times its like 1a 1a(1) 1a(2) 1a(3) how is this possiable could you help me please 

djdonniec

Donnie Clarke 0 votes

@kanta ok I did all the converision it went good and now how does 20784 songs go to 83784 my collection is tripleing  and collection is too and my external hardrive is in the red it took up almost my hardrive that is 1 tb I don't have 83000 songs what am I doing wrong is it a bug or not I do have the creative plan and dropbox please help

djdonniec

Donnie Clarke 0 votes