Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Missing artwork, beatgrid and waveforms after restore (Windows 10)

Hi - I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and thus I've needed to reinstall rekordbox 5.8.5 on the fresh OS. Everything except artwork, beatgrids and waveforms seems to be working as it should be, but I would really like to restore those without having to re-analyze my entire library and lose any custom beatgrid work I had previously done.

Here's what I've done thus far:

1. Prior to reinstalling the OS, I did a backup of C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\ with all of the hidden folders and files
  2. Reinstalled Windows 10
  3. Restored my tracks to their folder
  4. Installed rekordbox 5.8.5
  5. Replaced the Pioneer folder in the AppData\Roaming\ folder with the backup done in step 1
  6. Opened rekordbox3.settings and replaced any pointers to the old *username* directory name to the new one for the new Windows 10 installation
  7. Opened rekordbox and found that all of my tracks were missing, so I located them using the Display All Missing Files
  8. Noticed the artwork, beatgrid and waveforms are missing
  9. Checked C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox\PIONEER\ and both the Artwork and USBANLZ directories with all of the same folders and files as the original backup are present

Here's what I had not done:

1. Utilize the Move Database function in the preferences prior to reinstalling

I realize that I have probably done something wrong, but I cannot figure it out and have not had any success in finding this specific scenario going through previous posts. I apologize if this has been answered previously, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

AB

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Just because you updated the settings doesn't mean the database has been updated, which is exactly why we recommend using the Backup / Restore functions.

You could try doing a text replace for the path in the datafile.edb and see if that works, but make a copy of that file first.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It takes 9 days for Pioneer DJ to respond with two sentences?

Anyway, as I said in my original post, I realized that I probably hadn't done something right, which is exactly why I was requesting assistance. Doing a text replace for the path on the datafile.edb did not work and Rekordbox kept restoring it to a previous version.

Hopefully nobody finds themselves in that situation, but for anyone who does, here's what worked for me:

1. Uninstalled Rekordbox
  2. Created a user on the new OS using the exact same *username* as when the Rekordbox was previously working
  3. Logged in to the previous exact same *username*
  4. Reinstalled Rekordbox
  5. Replaced the Pioneer folder in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\ with the backup that I had made and launched Rekordbox. All of the database items loaded fine.
  6. Performed a Backup to an external drive
  7. Uninstalled Rekordbox and logged out of the previous exact same *username*
  8. Logged into the new username
  9. Installed Rekordbox
  10. Performed a Restore to the computer hard drive from the external drive
  11. Deleted the previous exact same *username* account

AB 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink