Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Green text after playing not showing up

RB 5.8.5 Mac 

High Sierra

Running RB in performance mode using rekordbox on screen with my CDJ's and aDJM900 mixer. Can't get the green already played ?

Any help plz R

Ralphie Dee Answered

Official comment

If you are playing in rekordbox performance mode from an export drive, that is correct - the played tracks will not be marked as such, nor logged to the history.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

Really? I need this to work as I do multiple sets every week and need to know what I played. I did a bit of research on this and in a post I saw if the rekordbox database is on an external drive the green played text will NOT work/

Is that correct?????

Anyone please.

RD

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

Better to right-click on the playlist and select "import playlist," as that will keep the grids and cues.

Pulse 0 votes

Hmm now I have problems, let me go over this first.

I have a Mac Pro with 3 INTERNAL drives but I was using an EXTERNAL drive for Rekordbox.

So now I copied all Rekordbox files from the external to one of the INTERNAL drives INSIDE my Mac Pro. it is NOT the main startup drive. Does this matter? 

Cause I went to move the database in the RB preferences and I do not see it on RB any help here please?

R

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

Wow no reply? 

Question again, 

I have a Mac Pro with 3 INTERNAL drives

I copied all my rekordbox info to one of those drives ( NOT THE START UP)

when I reboot RB Iget the message if I want to move the database to the new drive , I did but now RB does not see the tracks so I need help with moving and if the green playlists will work.

Anyone??

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

Thanks for your patience.

If you're wanting to use an internal drive which is not your main drive as the location of the primary database, you would need to point to that folder as the database location by editing the settings files. It's not available as a selection the same way a removable USB drive with a master database is.

Follow the instructions here to edit the settings to point to that other drive.

Pulse 0 votes

OK before I do this I would assume that RB will read the history and therefore I will see the tracks I played already correct?

And

I do NOT need to put the RB app and database on the startup drive correct? Plz advize R

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

As long as you're not using an export database (the kind that would be created when you export music to a USB drive), and you're using the primary database, then yes - it would log the history correctly and mark played tracks.

You don't need to put the application or database on the startup drive, although some files will need to exist on the startup drive in the user folder, the database itself can be moved and the settings file modified to point to it in the instructions I previously linked.

Pulse 0 votes

Ah OK now I see whats happening. Again I'm using Rekordbox off of an external drive. I see histories and when I select a track on deck 1 and load it goes to green, then when I select another track and load that to deck 2t hat goes to green and the previous track remains green as well.

But soon as I go and select a third track it turns greem but the first track on deck one goes back to white. I need the green to remain so I know what I played follow?

RZ

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

Yes, but because those songs are not in the internal database, they can't be marked as played in the history, thus no green making for played tracks.

Pulse 0 votes

OK I originally created my Serato and rekordbox files on an external drive.

if I plug that drive in rekordbox sees everything

now from what I understand Rekordbox will NOT be able to save played tracks ( green) because there is no history on the external drive correct?

I did try to play tracks and see only last track played goes green it never saves.

Ok then, so I should copy All my Rekordbox files from the external drive to one of my INTERNAL drives on my Mac Pro ( not the startup) 

Once I re do this I open RB prefs and MOVE  the database ( which now would have been copied to the INTERNAL drive) correct?

I'm able to go to RB prefs and move the database to the INTERNAL drive  sucessfully

but I see that the main xml file is in a library folder and the internal drive does NOT have a Library folder which is probably why RB does not see the tracks , any help with this? R

Now I see what you wrote "

You don't need to put the application or database on the startup drive, although some files will need to exist on the startup drive in the user folder, the database itself can be moved and the settings file modified to point to it in the instructions I previously linked

Now follow the Mac instructions????

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

I see the last post asked if I'm to follow the mac instructions, but I need to know ONE more thing as I'm close here.

best way to accomplish the following:

I have my Serato / RB database on a external drive.

I add all new files etc accessing the external drive from a MacBook Pro 

Once the external drive is updated I access RB inserting the external to my Mac Pro DESKTOP.

Now, I'm able to see all tracks, playlists and all works fine as I have my CDJs and DJM900 accessing the Rekordbox app on my DESKTOP.

Only thing that does NOT work is the played track Green, It only shows the last two tracks but never saves.

All I want to do is to be able to see what I played so is there an easier way then having to set up a cloud drive to access this.

just asking as I still cannot believe that unlke Serato history can be used on an external drive.

????

Thx R

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

Pulse sorry for being so anal on this, I got tied up with something and need to revisit this. The last thing I tried was to copy all my RB files to the start up drive of my desktop. 

I cant seem to find the right xml file as now I have rekordbox on my startup / second internal drive and an EXTERNAL drive.

Only files I'm able to use are the ones on the EXTERNAL drive but I stil can't get the green played tracks to populate other than the last two on the decks.

Is my only option the Cloud instructions?

Plz advize I need to do this and have it working correctly. 

RD

Ralphie Dee 0 votes

Okay, there's some confusion in things here - starting with terminology.

Internal drive = the hard drive in your computer
External drive = a USB drive connected to your computer
Export drive = an external drive that you have exported music to from rekordbox

Your internal OR external drive can be the source of the music. For example, I keep my music on external SSD drives and the database is internal. I used to have the database external to move from computer to computer, but now with the cloud sync, I use an internal DB.

You can have the source drive and export drive be the same external drive; when it exports to that drive, it does nothing but create a link to the song which is already on that drive.

When you take your export drive and connect it to another rekordbox library, you can read the tracks from the device, but none of them will show as played or be logged in the history because that export database is not part of the master database currently in use.

If that external drive happens to have your master database, when it's connected to another computer you can choose to open that database from the rekordbox preferences. You can only load one database at a time, so your better option may still be to have the one host database, then load any others as export devices (guests).

The reason Serato will show the contents of a connected drive is they don't use a database; their XML library files are loaded as the device is connected, so it's displayed alongside any other existing library. Word of warning though, the history there still isn't all stored in one place!

Pulse 0 votes

Ah!!! works except one thing. In order for the green played trcks to collect I need to COPY the playlist(s) from the DEVICE playlist to the COLLECTION playlist.

If I have to do these each time it's pretty quick solution 

Copy a new playlist from Devices to Colection then.

I ntice mostly ALL my tracks are missing so I need to copy the tracks first THEN the playlists correct?

Almost there, Plz advize as this is a HUGE help!

R

Ralphie Dee 0 votes