Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Import is behaving strangely; how to salvage one playlist, then start over

tl;dr: 

• Exported a playlist from Machine A to USB storage device (Apple HFS+)
  • Tried to import from USB to Machine B. Rekordbox on Machine B would add tracks to collection without importing them to local disc
  • Since nothing I've tried will add the files to Machine B's local disc, I'm just going to restore the library from Machine A
  • Question: Before I do that, how can I save the cuepoints, track order, etc. from Machine B's playlists and then restore them once I restore the library from Machine A?

Screenshots are attached for relevant devices, etc. Using Rekordbox v6.5.2 on both machines. There are a bunch of other issues that went along with this process, but I'm trying to avoid bogging down the post w/extraneous details.

Origin machine (A)

USB storage

Destination machine (B)

koizilla

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

Are you unable to manually copy the CONTENTS folder from the USB drive to computer B? As long as the song / grid / hot cues are imported to the library, you could always relocate the songs manually.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

...one thought that just came to mind, have you given rekordbox permission to access removable devices in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink