Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

USING XP1 TO ACTIVATE RECORD FEATURE ON REKORDBOX

I am thinking about getting the Pioneer ddj RZ, but may end up with the ddj 1000. Can I use the ddj XP 1 or XP 2 to activate the record feature on Rekordbox. Not to record my performance, but to use the record feature live similar to how you use it on the ddj RZ so that I can record as I play my set and then use it as part of my performance. Hope I made this clear and that you can help me answer this. Thanks, Gary

DJ Mr Robot Answered

Official comment

You mean the sampler sequence recorder?

The Sampler Sequence record function is only available as a hardware unlock with the DDJ-RZX / RZ / RX / RR devices. For all other hardware, you would need to subscribe to the Creative plan.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

I was trying to get info on ordering the DDJ-RZ and my GC Pro rep told me that it is discontinued.  Is this the case?  I actually like the size and portability of the ddj 1000, so i am leaning in that direction.  

I have a question about the "RMX EFFECTS" feature that is offered on the paid subscription.  I am not really drawn to the cloud based features or the fact that you can go between equipment easily.  Perhaps later I will appreciate that.

What i am interested are the RMX EFFECTS.  Are the ones that you get with the subscription different from the regular performance ones that are offered in v5 or Rekordbox?  

I did see an iPad version of the RMX 1000 hardware device.  Is this what is offered with the subscription?

Just trying to figure out what I am getting for the extra $149 per year.  I had pretty much decided that I would go with Rekordbox as opposed to Serato and then when I found out that you needed a subscription, I was disappointed.  

I am going to get the ddj 1000, just don't know if I should go for the SRT version and Serato software or jump down the subscription rabbit hole.  It subscription wasn't involved, I would probably go with Rekordbox.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

DJ Mr Robot 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink