Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Rekordbox Android App v3 & SD card

Hi, is there an intention to allow import/storage of files onto an SD card in Android in a future release of the new v3 Android app.

thank you!

Simona Louisa

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

I believe that's an option you can set in the Android preferences for the app.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

You believe right so, that Android has this option. But it is by Rekordbox to decide to enable it, but as with all this company does, it is just missing necessary features. Without this, it just makes no sense in using it. 

So the answer to this is not "I belive blabla", but rather Rekordbox just doesnt think about what they deliver and it isn't possible!

Simple functionality, like changing the storage, is just nothing that they are providing.

The usability of the app goes to zero without this, for basically an Android user. 

I also would wish that if someone reaches out for help, that there would be at least a bit of effort to try helping your customers. An answer that starts with "I believe..." shows the effort that is put in helping them.

So another zero here. 

Daniel Cancela 0 votes

As a subscriber to the Professional plan I also need the possibility to save my music on my micro SD card of 128GB instead of the internal storage of my Android smartphone. 

Could you pass this amendment to the software development team to fix this issue please? Probably it is a rather small adjustment.

I expect more people to be in need for this upgrade of the mobile app, or will be in need for this in the near future as DJ'ing becomes more cloud-based. 

Thanks in advance!

Stan Verdonck 0 votes

Hi, it is possible to already set the app to save to an SD card. I can't recall how I did it, but I think it's in the Android options rather than the actual apps. I made a previous post on this, I might have written it there. But whatever, it is definitely possible as I have mine set to save to SD card.

Jasmine 0 votes

Hi Jasmine, thats not true. How can you post that it works, when you dont even know where to find the setting for this?
For nearly every other app then rekorbox on my phone I have the option to choose the sd card as storage. For Rekordbox I dont.

Btw. you would find it under
Settings -> Apps -> Rekordbox -> Storage
Here you should find the option to choose where to store the data.
Due to your comment, I reinstalled the app and checked if this changed somehow.

I dont know what you did, but I can tell you that the option to do this doesn't exist for Rekordbox!

This needs to be enabled by pioneer and they didn't.
This is the case today. It was the case in September last year when I posted a comment here and it wasn't possible around 2,5 years in the past, when I frist tried to set this up.

The fix for this is stupidly simple and I don't see it happen.

Greetings from a Software Developer

Daniel Cancela 0 votes