Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Is this normal / acceptable for Pioneer DJ?

I just went through 20 songs in one of my playlists that isn't house music and almost half have incorrect beat grids. I went through the same 20 songs in serato and they're all correct.

Check out the attached screenshots. 

Is it just expected that I should go through and adjust each song and the analysis in Rekordbox not work?

dean curtis

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

I mean, that is mental right? Surely I'm not the only one thats trying to switch from Serato and noticing this issue

dean curtis 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Were these imported and analyzed in RB? Or tracks that were already in your Serato library and converted with a third party application to a RB library?

Ves 0 votes

No, I imported all my playlists from the iTunes tree view in RB. Does everyone else have this issue and just go through and fix it, or is there something I can be doing here that will make it work properly?

dean curtis 0 votes

For example, when should I use dynamic analysis vs normal?

Whats the use cases for each of those modes? What do most people leave it on?

dean curtis 0 votes

DYNAMIC analysis is for songs with an inconsistent tempo; a live drummer.

NORMAL analysis is for songs with a perfectly consistent tempo.

The other factor would be whether the song was analysed in the correct range; an 85BPM hip-hop song may not analyse properly if you have the range set as 90-140BPM.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok - thanks for the info.

The tempo range I have set is the default, I didn’t adjust that. I think it’s 60-180 iirc.

So, what’s the deal then? Are all you guys having to manually adjust grids on a lot of tracks that’s aren’t house? I just wanna get an understanding of this is normal and acceptable for rekordbox, or if I can do something different

dean curtis 0 votes

Depends, sometimes it's 1 in 3 other times 1 in 20. This form somebody with Hip Hop, Soca, Dancehall, Afrobeats, and Future Beats in their collection.

I don't mind since I'm already busy setting my cues. It's only a small effort to shift it a little bit.

Ves 0 votes

Fair. Good to know. Thanks for the advice. I’ll post a feature suggestion asking them to improve it.

dean curtis 0 votes

@pulse or another Pioneer representative.

I would love an answer from you regarding the original question is this level of inaccuracy in the analysis acceptable for Pioneer DJ? 

ie is any improvements going to be made?

dean curtis 0 votes

It's not a matter of acceptability; some songs or audio files are simply trickier than others for the algorithm to properly analyse, but that's why there is manual adjustment. If it were a bigger problem, we'd have more complaints about it, but overall, it's pretty good.

Improvement are always being made.

Pulse 0 votes