Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox low audio quality

Hi all,

I've been using Rekordbox 5.6.0 x64 free version to prep my sets for a while now, on two different computers using a database from an external drive. While my Rekordbox on an older Windows 7 computer doesn't show any problems, the one on a newer HP laptop using Windows 10 and RealTek audio driver has really bad playback quality. I listen to music from this computer regularly, and even youtube, soundcloud etc sound solid, but in Rekordbox sound is somehow shallow, flat, lacking mids and detail, sounding quite bad overall. Now, I can use my external Traktor audio 10 soundcard which is amazing and it sounds right then, but why does this generic soundcard with generic driver perform so poorly, when it sounds solid outside of Rekordbox (Foobar, Soundcloud, bandcamp etcetc). Any ideas? Thanks!!

zarko a

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Do you have any audio enhancements enabled on that sound device under the Windows device settings?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I have turned them off ofc. As I said, the sound is ok in other apps that would have used those ehnancements as well (foobar, web browsers).

zarko a 0 votes

Sorry, it's probably that rekordbox is unable to get exclusive access to the device and thus has issues with the sound output quality. rekordbox is ideally used with a controller or mixer for audio output.

Pulse 0 votes