Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Issue found with Track Filter on the XDJ-RX3

I just received my XDJ-RX3 and have been testing it out.  I am running Rekordbox version 5.8.5 REV 18487-16892-16721 X64.  I am still on this version because I still use my XDJ-R1. 

I have found 3 issues that I would like to report.

Issue #1.  When I go into my playlists and press the track filer the software filters out based on my criteria.  But if I then press the back button to leave the playlist and scroll through to other playlist my screen goes blank.  I end up having to press the Browse button and then selecting the Track, Artist, and Songs to regain my screen.

I did notice that if I am in a playlist, press the Track Filter,  Then before I press the back button I press the Track Filter button.  This works as expected and after I press the Back Button I then do see my other playlists and I am able to scroll around.

I did download the latest version of Rekordbox, 6.6.1 REV 21993-19265-19264 X64 to test this out as well.  I set up two playlist on a USB.  The exact result occurred.  When you press the Track Filter Button within a Playlist and then hit the back button the screen is blank.  But if you exit the Track Filter before you press the Back Button then you do see the other playlists.

Issue #2.  I use my own Genre tags and I noticed that when I go into the Track Filter and select my own Genre Tag the tracks are not filters using those tags.  This issue is also consistent between Rekorbox Ver 5.8.5 and Ver 6.6.1

Issue #3 Lastly I do see a heavy lag when scrolling through my tracks and playlists while using my USB that has the Rekordbox data from Ver 5.8.5  I do not see this same lag occurring on my CDJ3000's using the same media.

If you need more information to help solve these issues please let me know.

Thanks.

Leo De La Rosa

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

Is it possible to show the phenomenon on video?
Including operation procedure (state)

tomo 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Leo,

The issue with the playlists not appearing when you go back with the filter engaged is unusual, and I'll let @tomo take that to our hardware team.

As for the live updating number, the CDJ-3000 doesn't reflect the changes to the number or tracks for that filter on the MY TAGS page (it doesn't show it at all). If you exit the filter edit, you'll find that the MY TAG filter is applied on both.

Pulse 0 votes

The My Tag issue not solely based on the actual number that showed up in the video as you mentioned.  I just focused on that while I was doing the video.  The issue is that when the Filter is applied it is not removing the songs that do not fit the My Tag criteria from the Playlist view.

Thanks for your help.

Leo De La Rosa 0 votes

I have gone through the cycle of powering the unit on, plugging in the USB, going into my playlist and attempted to filter by a My Tag entry and it has probably worked twice out of 20 times.  I showed it happening in the video.  If there were 71 songs in the playlist and that playlist contains songs with the My Tag values they were not being filtered out. If anything the result should have been zero songs.

Leo De La Rosa 0 votes

Try this, I just did it with the USB containing files from RB 6.6.1  If the My Tag filter works.  Get to a point where you can stop the USB.  Press the Stop USB so you can safely remove the USB drive.  Take it out.  Wait a second plug it back in and then go back in and attempt to filter by My Tag.  When I read your message I tried it one more time.  It did filter, then I safely removed the USB and tried it again and then the filter did not work.

Leo De La Rosa 0 votes

I see the issue with the My Tag Filtering.  If the Genre option is selected when you go into the My Tag screen and the filtering is not removing songs from the Playlist view you have to disable the Genre option and then enable the Genre option and that makes it start working.

Leo De La Rosa 0 votes