Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

"Unable to open database file" even with fresh install / blank library / new account. MBP 14" 2021 OS 12.1 Monterey

Hello,

I've recently bought one of the new M1 Macbook Pros. I am having a problem even opening rekordbox, getting an error message saying "unable to open database file".

This is even after having created a new pioneer account, on a fresh computer, and clicking "start rekorbox with a empty library", so I'm not sure that there should even be a pre-existing database file which could be corrupted?

I've tried very possible path - not starting from a blank library and choosing the 'convert' version (even when there shouldn't be anything to convert', and from my old RB account and the fresh one - but I nothing I do ends in any other than an error message telling me to retart the program, or a crash, then back to square one. I have also tried deleting any of the library files and reinstalling, but to no avail.

I've seen another used having a similar problem, and they were given the answer that Rekordbox doesn't support macOS 12 Monterey - however, now apparently it does, and I'm on the latest of each and still having the same problem.

Any help appreciated!

Sam Parker Answered

Official comment

You can't just "move" the files and expect them to work, especially if there is a different username on each computer. Please file an inquiry ticket here and our support team will gather some additional information to assist you in resolving this issue.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Hi Sam, I'm the original poster of the post you have linked. Just want to confirm that my issue is still ongoing with 6.6.1

Thanks

Marc

marc tataossian 1 vote

Did either of you copy data from an old computer to a new computer?

Pulse 1 vote

Hello,

I have done both, copy the ~/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox files over from old to new.

And also saved a copy as a backup and opened Rekordbox (directly from install) and watched the Pioneer folder re-populate when starting up Rekordbox, which also crashes with "unable to open database file". Which seems to me that the DB file itself corrupts when being built.

marc tataossian 1 vote

Thanks Marc, that's helpful to know.

I haven't tried copying anything from an old computer yet. I'm just trying to start a new library from a clean slate but I can't get Rekordbox to set that up.

I do have a rekordbox library on an old computer that I could try and copy across but I haven't tried that yet. It wasn't a very big library so it's not a big deal for me to start afresh.

Sam

Sam Parker 1 vote

Hello, any further updates on this? I have now tried copying my old library from my old laptop and that won't work either.

Original problem still persists.

Sam

Sam Parker 1 vote