Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

MIDI clock

Hello,

I have a DDJ400 and would like to mix it up with an external Roland Groovebox. The Groovebox enables synchronisation of the BPM over MIDI clock.

Where is this synch feature hidden in rekordbox?

Thanks

Andres Männer Answered

Official comment

Not hidden - if you use the LINK button at the top of the screen, that will enable or open the Ableton Link panel (depending on your setting in the preferences). To convert the Ableton signal to MIDI for the Groovebox, use this app on your iPhone or iPad, then connect the USB adapter and a USB cable to the Groovebox, set the Groovebox for MIDI-over-USB input, and you're golden. 

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

Hi, thanks for the response, but I think we missunderstood.

The groovebox is some hardware device from Roland. But this does not matter. I have changed that groovebox to the Pioneer DJS-1000 - which is much better. But the problem is still the same.

I have a rekordbox running with DDJ-400 Controller and connect the MIDI USB also to the DJS-1000. How can I configure rekordbox to publish a Midi clock to the pioneer sampler?

Thanks

Andres Männer 0 votes

No change, no confusion, exactly the same process for the DJS-1000 with rekordbox in performance mode.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, but it does not work :)

I found the ableton settings under controller->Deck and activatet the start/stop synch.

When I press the LINK, then Ableton still tells 0 Links.

But if I go to the Midi settings, I can select the DJC-1000 - so in general, the connection should work.

DJS is configured to USB-MIDI synch.

Did I forget some settings?

Andres Männer 0 votes

Yes, that's fine - but the key part of the puzzle is that you need to get the Ableton Link signal to the DJS-1000, and this is done via an iPhone or iPad running that linked app, connected via USB camera kit.

Pulse 0 votes

i think you will find that with Windows you  will have to run Rekordbox on a different computer to Ableton when using LINK..This seems to be due to the fact that on a local PC the ASIO4ALL driver cannot be shared...which is not the case apparently with MACS

Andrew Serich 0 votes