Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Sound issues DDJ RR - RB 6.1.1

I just did a clean install on my macbook. 

Macbook late 2013, 512GB, 2,6 Ghz i5 Dual Core, 8 GB RAM, Big Sur 11.6.2
RB 6.6.1, DDJ RR newest Firmware, Latenz 512 Samples

Everytime I switch a Ap window from RB the Master Output sounds disappears. The channel Volume and the decks keep playing. 

When I choose the highest latenz possible there are just some sound issues when I change the app windows, but the sound keeps playing.

In generell running RB on my macbook pro feels like using an old Intel 486. The CPU used by RB is above 70% and the fan keeps running. 

Quitting RB the macbook seems to be freed of a heavy weight. 

Johannes Wolf Answered

Official comment

Your computer's 8 years old and you're wondering why it's struggling with all of that running at the same time? Yes, I'd suggest you may want to close all those other apps and just focus on letting rekordbox have access to the limited resources.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

I found a relation between Opera and RB. Opening and using cases the sound issues in Rekordbox.

Is my macbook too weak to open mail, opera, itunes, spotify and RB? While having a Wifi Connecttion?

Johannes Wolf 0 votes

The computer is not the problem. I found the problem yeserday. 

On Big Sur you have to install an older version of the DDJ driver. It's version 3.0.0 not the recent 4.0.0. 

If you open the driver folder in Rekordbox itself there is a subfolder, which is called "Big Sur". There are all drivers DDJ 400, RR, 1000, XDJs... in older Verison 3.0.0

I uninstalled all newer driver and used this old version - no sound struggles any more. 

If I open RB there is always a hint, that I use an old driver for my hardware. Rekordbox wants me to update on V. 4.0.0 which would cause the same trouble as described above. 

Pioneer should mention the old driver version 3.0.0 in the manual for big sur: 
"Important notice for installing the driver software on macOS BigSur_E"

Johannes Wolf 0 votes

There are some computers which are having issues loading the 4.0 drivers, but typically that doesn't result in audio quality problems.

Pulse 0 votes