Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox Killing Stream in OBS

I've been streaming to Twitch for months using RekordBox 6.X and OBS on a single PC but recently I have started having an issue where the stream in OBS drops to between 0 and 340 kbps after Rekordbox has been open for between 15 seconds and 2 minutes. Before Rekordbox is open, OBS streaming speeds are between 4000 and 6000kbps. Once I close Rekordbox, the upload speeds return to normal.

I have tested with the most current release of Rekordbox and 6.5.3 with the same results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled OBS,  walked through the reconfiguration wizard, tried multiple Twitch servers, removed all plugins, and even used my firewall to limit connections as much as possible. Network monitor shows no congestion and speedtests when this happening show downloads between 275 and 300 Mbps and uploads of 10 to 20 Mbps. The modem/router are brand new and the issue persists over WiFi and Ethernet, including with the laptop's built in ethernet and a USB ethernet dongle. The only commonality to the issue I can find is once Rekordbox launches OBS gets choked out until Rekordbox is shutdown.

Any ideas?

SPECS:

Rekordbox 6.6.1 and 6.5.3
Stream Elements OBS 27.1.3
Internet Connection is 300Mbps down and 20 Mbps Up and I typically get between 60% and 90% of these values.
Lenovo Legion Y530 (Intel i7-8750H CPU @2.20 GHz, 6 Cores and 12 Logical Processors and GB of RAM)
Windows Home 10 (10.0.19044)

Batty von Bats

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

The issue happens with no controller, DDJ-RR, and DDJ-1000. It doesn't matter the order I open/start things either.

Batty von Bats 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

SOLUTION!

Turns out that Rekordbox, OBS, and my VPN Client (even when not connected to a VPN) were playing poorly together. Completely killing the VPN client resolved the issue. I am on my second stress test and I am about three hours in with no drops.

So, for anyone streaming with OBS and Rekordbox on the same PC ensure that all your VPN clients are fulling shut down, not just disconnected to a VPN.

Batty von Bats 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink