Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

XDJ-RX3 New Firmware - Multiple Issues!

Hi

I have just upgraded to the latest firmware on my XDJ-RX3 and noticed multiple issues.

1) For some reason after a few minutes use certain songs begin to display the "Key" in place of the "Artist" icon, when you scroll past these it changes the title of the column from Artist to Key. Eject the USB and its back to normal for a few minutes.

Video here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0p91551cfvmfbh/IMG_7457.mov?dl=0 

2) Space & Noise Sound Colour FX are unselectable. Do not work in USB or Software control mode

Video here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x4af25g3zfv2ar/Sound%20Colour%20FX%20Error.MOV?dl=0 

3) Vinyl Speed adjust setting no longer saved. As you can see in the video if you turn it on in settings it doesn't save when you power down the controller. Very annoying as I don't want to have to remember to enable this everytime.

Video here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgtihjp8yzofyi/Vinyl%20Speed%20Adjust%20Error.MOV?dl=0 

Several different USBs tried plus Export & Performance Mode on Rekordbox all returning the same results!

Ian Laverick

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

curious if you are seeing what i am, I was playing for a few hours last night, USB drive, noticed the longer I played a few hours in the slower the RX3 became scrolling and searching for tracks like cache files are building up and not cleared out when they should be

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

1.The song that is compatible with the key of the track loaded on the master deck changes to the KEY icon.
The specifications are the same for v1.00.( before the version upgrade.)

There is no explanation in the instruction manual, but a similar screen diagram is posted.(P49)

2.I think it's a hardware failure.

3.The ON / OFF of Vinyl Speed adjust is not memorized.

The specifications are the same for v1.00.( before the version upgrade.)

tomo 0 votes

1) How strange i've never noticed the green KEY icon before but yes it would appear you are right!

Hopefully one day we'll get the ability to swap out the artwork graphic (or track number) for the bpm - it seems like such a simple thing

2) I think I will send my unit back but they definitely worked before the firmware upgrade to 1.10

3) It seems strange that all other settings are memorised when you cycle the power but not the vinyl brake.

Ian Laverick 0 votes

I have colour FX buttons Space & Dub Echo not doing anything, you can select the different buttons and they flash when selected but those 2 don't do anything! 

Gilbz 0 votes

Update on what I wrote above.
The Space and Dub Echo doesn't work when the track you're cueing in your headphones, the other buttons do.

You can hear the effect only when you change it to Master.

Can't remember if this was the case before the new firmware?

Gilbz 0 votes

The button doesn't blink, but is FX working?

Space and dub echo are inaudible on HP as they work after the Ch fader and in front of the crossfader.

tomo 0 votes