Forgot to mention - while the XDJ XZ gives 4 channels, I prefer the Rx3 because of the screen and size, so my ideal setup would be an RX3 with an XP2 since that will give me access to the sampler and key sync features
XDJ RX3 and DDJ XP2 without laptop
If I can get my hands on stock, I'm very interested in upgrading to an XDJ RX3, but am giving up 4 channels. 2 questions which could help better inform my purchase.
1. Can I use the XDJ RX3 with a DDJ XP2?
2. If the above is yes, if i am using USB and not a laptop, is it possible to still use the XP2 simultaneously if I plug it it to the other USB port on the RX3?
Hoping the answer is yes, since this seems to work for other units. Keep me posted. Thanks so much!
Please sign in to leave a comment.
XDJ-RX3 does not support DDJXP2.
That's unfortunate but have some other questions:
1. Can I use the DDJ XP2 with the XDJ RX3 If i am using the RX3 in controller mode with my laptop?
2. Can I re-map the controls on the RX3 in standalone mode (I'd like to use the performance pads as a sampler) If not, can activate rekordbox's sampler on the RX3 in controller mode with my laptop? Pitch control?
1. Yes - but you're using the XP2 with rekordbox not with the RX3.
2. No, the stand-alone mode functions are fixed, sorry.
>If not, can activate rekordbox's sampler on the RX3 in controller mode with my laptop? Pitch control?
In the case of performance MODE, the correspondence is as follows.
If you want to use the rekordbox (performance) sampler, hold down the SHIFT button and press the BEAT JUMP MODE button.
Please refer to XDJ-RX3 Hardware Diagram for rekordbox.（5, PERFORMANCE PADS）