Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Intermittant Beatport issue

Recordbox 6.6.3

Beatport tracks occasionally refuse to download. There are two ways this happens.

1/ Streaming directly from a Beatport  setup playlist ie. Top 100 tracks. The small waveform in Recordbox shows a line showing it's started to download the track but stops midway and doesn't complete the download.

2/ Playing through playlist I've created in Beatport the first time goes Ok  but opening one of the tracks a second time the track refuses to load. The others load Ok. Shows a dulled out loading message momentarily in the small waveform area and a red error downloading message at the bottom of Recordbox.

Both these occurrences happen intermittently and doesn't effect anything else. Only happens with Beatport and not my own purchased tracks.

The only way to fix this issue is restarting Recordbox

I'm using a DDJ 1000. A friend has a DDJ 400 and I've had the same issue using their setup and laptop. So it's not only with my setup.

Lindsay Cripps Answered

Official comment

Sorry about that - we are aware of some users having an issue with the Beatport / Beatsource SDK. In these cases, we're collecting the log data and asking you to please try downgrading to rekordbox 6.6.1 to see if that works for you.

There is no loss of data between version of rekordbox, and you could have multiple versions installed simultaneously - simply run the installer, then launch the corresponding version from the application folder (not the shortcut on the start menu or desktop).

If you still have problems, please file an inquiry ticket here and our support team will gather some additional information to assist you in resolving this issue.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

1 comment