Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Why Beatport Link cannot be implemented directly to CDJ 3000 Hardware or to work in export mode in rekordbox?

I know this topic was brought up multiple times and explained that online streaming services like Beatport Link don't allow Pioneer to deploy it in export mode. I know this functionality is available on Denon players directly without the need for the laptop so my question is why would Denon get the permits to add the Beatport link directly to their players but Pioneer does not? I know Pioneer CDJ 3000 doesn't have a built-in WIFI adapter and therefore cannot connect directly to the internet but what makes so much difference between performance mode VS export mode to Beatport? I think this service is nice but using CDJ 3000 in Performance mode s like playing 8-bit Atari games on PS5. Is the possibility of Beatport link to work in export mode a possibility in the near future or it's definitely not going to happen? 

Wojciech Szyrejko

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

Hello mate. Pioneer aren't ever going to announce what's coming but if I were a betting man, with regards to the CDJ-3000 (possibly the XDJ-RX3) I'd be pretty comfortable betting that in-built Beatport Link (and Tidal, Inflyte streaming services etc etc) will appear there one day.

There may be a wireless adaptor released, it may use a connector to tether to your phone's LTE / 4G / 5G etc, or even better, there may have been wifi inbuilt the whole time waiting to be activated that has not been announced. I'm just spitballing here though.

Denon's solution tends to work better for mobile DJs but I'm all in with Pioneer (with an XDJ-XZ) as I alternate between club and mobile DJing. Pio aren't going to just let Denon keep taking market share for (generally) mobile / bedroom DJs like they have been.

Pioneer aren't so fast with regards to implementing new/cutting edge software but they do get there over time.

Nasser AlazzawiTV 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, that would be great. Even without WIFI, I know with the use of a wired ethernet connection CDJ 3000 has the ability to read cloud-based storage. It's kind of crazy how it works with authentication USB etc but its possible and therefore I think the direct Beatport Link on Box with CDJ 3000 is possible even without WIFI as long as you can connect your setup to the router. Slightly inconvenient and wireless would be much better but who knows they might come up with something like you described. I think Beatport Link is a great service but I'm not going to pay for it until I can use it with all functions on the CDJ 3000. Thanks for your comment brother. 

Wojciech Szyrejko 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink