Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Are we being forced to buy a subscription plan now with v6.0.1 or v6.0.2?

Since now you require a subscription plan for v6.0.2 to activate Rekordbox 6.

How does this affect customers who already previously have a DDJ-1000 with the included DJ hardware unlock licence for Reckordbox? Even though we already activated Rekordbox 6 when  it first launched?

So are we now being forced to buy a subscription plan, even though when Rekordbox 6 first launched it wasn't required.

Your release stated the following:

"The subscription plans have changed for rekordbox ver. 6. You can't activate rekordbox ver. 6 using a rekordbox dj license key. You'll need to start a subscription plan for ver. 6 if you want to use the latest version of the application"

This is very confusing, please clarify.

Thanks!

DJ Zullo Answered

Official comment

If you have a DDJ-1000, you get access to hardware unlock.

The DDJ-1000 supports DVS, but as that's not a core function of that unit, if you want to use it, you would need a subscription. Likewise for any of the other advanced features found in the Creative plan.

Our intention is to continue to provide new and innovative features for the rekordbox ecosystem without having to charge customers an additional fee for an upgrade or add-on. You will continue to get access to the core functionality with your hardware without the need for a subscription, but if you want the additional features, that will require a subscription.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

You do not need a license to use performance mode on hardware that will unlock the software. Your DDJ-1000 is on the hardware unlock list and will work with RB6. You only need a subscription if you have hardware not native to RB, Serato based controllers mostly. Buying a subscription also unlocks some of the newest features such as vocals analysis and cloud library sync. 

DJ Joel 0 votes

Thank you for the fast reply.

Will all new future features such as Vocal Analysis always be subscription only and no more new features for those like me with DDJ-1000 free plan?

Again I appreciate the help.

DJ Zullo 0 votes

I am a user just like you so I don't know about Pioneers intentions. I can say in today's world, many companies are shifting business models toward a subscription model. Pioneer incurs development costs in updating their software that have to be offset. Getting a license and free lifetime updates from a hardware purchase may be a thing of the past.

DJ Joel 0 votes